Inside Schools – Education Next

Thursday, June 14, 2018

Web 2.0: Video Podacasts

I am a big believer in the power of the video podcast.  One of the ways I use video podcasts in class is with CCSS communication and presentation skills.

I used my son as my student to do a “book teaser” of summer reading for the 7th graders.  The book was Refugee and I let him use notes taped to the back of the book - a trick I use with my students when we have done this in class before.  They are fast and easy to do in iMovie, and can be done in small to medium sized groups.  Students tend to be more focused in on the content that their peers have come up with, and all enjoy presenting the teasers for the raising grade.

I post to YouTube in a playlist all students can get to, as students tend to have universal access to it already, and in our school it can be linked to the students’ Google account.  Some stduents get really creative, and others (like my own son), tend to be more minimalist – just getting comfortable with the technology.

Here is a direct link to the video podcast. 
Enjoy!


ISTE Standards: Knowledge Constructor, Empowered Learner, Digital Citizen, Innovative Designer, Creative Communicator, and Creative Communicator
Link to Video Podcast: https://youtu.be/JAR9dg4EiRU

No comments:

Post a Comment